ISSTA 2016 takes place in Saarbrücken, a lively city on the border between Germany and France. We listed several options on how to get there below.
Coming to Saarbrücken by plane
- Frankfurt airport (FRA) sports frequent worldwide connections. From Frankfurt, you can take the train, an airport bus, book a shuttle ( option 1 , option 2 ), or take a rental car. Depending on mode of transport, the average ride to Saarbrücken city center is 90–140 minutes.
- Luxembourg airport (LUX) is close and sports plenty of European connections. From Luxembourg, the best option is to book a shuttle. The average ride from Luxembourg to Saarbrücken city center is 60–75 minutes.
- Frankfurt-Hahn airport (HHN) has budget airlines such as Ryanair connecting European destinations. From Frankfurt-Hahn, you have to book a shuttle or take a rental car. The average ride to Saarbrücken is about 80–90 minutes.
- Saarbrücken (SCN) has its own airport , with connections to Berlin and Hamburg. Bus and taxi get you to the city in about 20–30 minutes. Note that there is construction work on one of the roads to the Airport, so transfer times may be increased.
- From London, Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, consider taking the high-speed train via Paris (see below).
Coming to Saarbrücken by train
- Saarbrücken main station (Hauptbahnhof) is well-connected in all directions.
- Most notable is the high-speed connection to Paris by TGV/ICE train at 320 km/h in less than two hours. From Paris, further high-speed trains connect to Brussels, London, or Amsterdam.
- Further information can be obtained at Deutsche Bahn .
ACM SIGSOFT provides travel support and childcare assistance at conferences. The CAPS program provides
- Travel support for graduate students (only open to SIGSOFT student members)
- Travel support for undergraduate students (open to non-members)
- Travel support to help defray cost of childcare (open to SIGSOFT student and professional members)
To obtain SIGSOFT CAPS funds, you must be eligible and apply. Applications have to be submitted until 15. June. For details, check out the SIGSOFT CAPS page .
The main ISSTA conference takes place Monday morning to Wednesday early afternoon, with workshops and the doctoral symposium coming right before and after the conference,
Visiting ECOOP in Rome?
- ISSTA 2016 and ECOOP 2016 take place in the same week and are both located in Europe. We have arranged schedules such that the ISSTA conference is at the beginning of the week and ECOOP is at the end of the week, such that you can actually visit both and do not miss more than half a day.
- To quickly travel from Saarbrücken (ISSTA) to Rome (ECOOP), use one of the several daily flights between Frankfurt and Rome; flights between Luxembourg and Rome are also available.
The conference will take place on the campus of Saarland University ; most accommodations are in the city center.
The main conference will take place in the Aula of the university.
The summer school will be located at the DFKI.
We have negotiated special rates for the following hotels. Please use the keyword “ISSTA 2016” to get access to those rates. We marked the hotels in the map below (red markers). The green markers indicate bus stops and tram stations, which you can use to get to the conference events. Click the green markers for details. The conference sites are marked in blue in the map below.
All conference participants will get a free ticket for local transport. Buses connecting the city center with the university campus take less than 15 minutes and ride every few minutes. Please mind that the bus stop “Stuhlsatzenhaus”, which is closest to the CISPA building, is only serviced by bus lines 101 and 102. If you take another line, please leave the bus at “Universität Busterminal” and walk over to the CISPA building (approx. 3 minutes).
(82,00 € / 94,00 €)
Mainzer Strasse 10
Tel.: +49 681/ 9327 0
Fax: +49 681/ 38013
Hotel Stadt Hamburg
(74,00 € / 84,00 €)
Registration is now open! Check out the registration site .